We’re looking for a new face to help keep our clients loving our work here at Pretty Pragmatic.
If you’re looking to work on a variety of new and innovative digital projects and have a desire to work for some big FTSE 100 & high street names along with some interesting up-and-comers, then we’ve got just the job for you.
We’ve popped the job overview below. If it sounds like your cup of tea then send your CV with a brief summary of why you’re perfect for the role to email@example.com & we’ll be in touch.
No recruiters or agencies please.
FRONT END DEVELOPER
£24-28k per annum (depending on experience).
As a Front End Developer at Pretty Pragmatic, you’ll work with the Technical Director and the wider agency team to deliver fantastic digital products & outstanding results for clients who really appreciate what we do for them.
You’re a great fit for the role if you have:
- Some experience with WordPress and Umbraco CMS
- A passion for the web and digital technologies – you’ll want to bring the ‘whizz bang’ to the project
- An eagerness to learn new techniques and bring new ideas to the table for projects
- A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up-to-date with industry advances
Not essential but nice to have:
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with Gatsby.js and/or React
- Prior web design agency experience
- Knowledge of PHP
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors such as Sass
- Interaction design understanding, with a passion for usability and accessibility
- Obsession for building fast performant sites
- Ability to output clean, commented, and team-friendly code
If you’re ticking the boxes, then it’s probably a good time to let you know the type of person we’re looking for!
Who we’re looking for:
- A keen bean – you’ll love planning, plotting, & having ideas that you make a reality.
- A curious type – you’ll be inquisitive and want to learn new things as you go, particularly all things digital.
- You’re up for some fun – we’re here to enjoy what we do & want you to add to the fun too.
- You enjoy getting the little details right – from taking on UX & UI design and functional spec documents, you’ll be the one to help us make sure it’s right first time!
So, enough about you…here’s a little about us.
Working at Pretty Pragmatic:
We help our clients realise the full potential of their marketing activity & understand how to capitalise on it by being proactive, clear, & agile to their needs.
We have 6 internal principles for how we work:
- Give & Take – we’re not a rigid 9-5 place. We work in real life – if you need to start a bit later or finish early, we can make it work. Just don’t take the mick.
- Make It Happen – we’re small, so if you have a good idea, don’t be afraid to be the one to make it real.
- Basics, Then Brilliance – do the basics well. Then find ways to go beyond.
- Strive To Stand Out – we like competition. There’s no shame in wanting to be the best.
- Win Together, Lose Apart – we help each other whenever we can. It makes a big difference.
- Pride Over Profit – stand up for what you believe in, don’t just bow to a big budget.
Along with this, we offer 25 days holiday – we all need to enjoy some R&R!
We’re working from home for the foreseeable whilst everything is as it is, but we’re based in Bristol, so we’d ideally be looking for someone who would be able to work from the office once all this passes. We’ve got a lovely space right by Bristol city centre and a short walk from Bristol Temple Meads train station.
If you think this is the role for you, submit your info or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.